As the COVID-19 outbreak has been, and will continue to be, a concern for everyone, we wanted to share with you how we are managing the situation at Sherwood Forest. The safety and well-being of our guests, team and community is our utmost priority. We are closely monitoring and following the guidelines and protocols from the CDC and WHO regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, and will continue to follow the guidelines from the State of Michigan and local agencies. Our comprehensive plan includes increased cleaning and sanitation, limiting guest to staff and guest to guest interaction, physical distancing, personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate, and daily employee wellness checks.
All outdoor spaces will be set according to social distancing guidelines, allowing you to still be able to enjoy morning coffee and breakfast on our wrap-around porch. We will implement a serving process that will reduce in-person contact and also offer no contact room delivery. Check-in will be streamlined giving you the option of using contactless payment processes with no signature required.
- Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by maintaining a six-foot space from other guests not traveling with them.
- Outdoor furniture at the pool and decks will be distanced to a minimum of 6 feet.
- Check-in process will allow for a 6 foot distance between guests and innkeepers.
- Pens, guest credit cards and room keys will be wiped down and sanitized before and after each guest or each time a staff member comes in contact with these items.
- Paper materials that are distributed at check in such as maps and visitors guides will be recycled after each guest departs. Our staff will remove all of these items from the guest rooms after check-out so that we can ensure all of the materials handed to guests at check in are new.
- Cleaning products and protocols will include EPA-approved disinfectant that meets CDC requirements.
- In public spaces, we will be requiring our staff to thoroughly treat high-touch surface areas with hospital-grade disinfectants. This cleaning will be done on an increased regularly scheduled basis
- We are following strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols in all guest rooms after check-out and before check-in with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Traditional daily housekeeping will be available on request only to ensure housekeeping staff will not access guest rooms unless requested by guest. Delivery of towels, linens, and in-room amenities will be available on request.
- Hand-sanitizer will be available in public spaces throughout the property.
- Bicycles – Our guest bicycles will be sanitized before and after each use.
- Pool towels, beach chairs and umbrellas will be available on request and will be sanitized before and after each use.
- We will be modifying our operational practices for our breakfast experience. This will include eliminating buffets while keeping our same menu, designating specific times for guests to eat, delivering food to the room or other dining areas throughout the facility.
- After each guest eats our staff will wipe down and sanitize the table and chairs to prepare for the next guest.
- All staff members will receive COVID-19 safety and facility sanitation training following CDC guidelines.
- We are implementing a daily health screening for all staff members reporting for work. Anyone with a fever, showing signs of illness, or exhibiting virus symptoms will not be allowed to work and immediately sent home.
- We are following state PPE protocol, currently requiring all employees to wear face coverings.
The Saugatuck/Douglas area is implementing cleaning and health standards in response to COVID-19, the initiative is called “Art Coast Safe.” We will have those procedures available and lists of which food service, retail, and attractions are participating. As of now, food service in Michigan is limited to take out. We are expecting restaurants to open soon with limited seating and reservations may be necessary. We are happy to answer any questions you have regarding our response to COVID-19 as well as dining and area information.